Job offered by
Do you get aggravated by preventable downtime and an endless stream of repetitive tickets to resolve? Do you desire to apply your engineering mindset, solving problems before they happen, using automation? Do you excel at writing high quality automation scripts that deliver high availability and cost-optimized infrastructure? In this role you will be responsible for optimizing the critical behind- the- scenes world of our SaaS operation which enables our business to rapidly scale as we acquire new products and customers. Automation will be your core deliverable. Our culture thrives on our deep focus and obsession with continuous improvement, so you will be focused on strategic improvement projects that shape the future of our infrastructure and evolve our site reliability engineering practices.
What you will be doing
Every day you will dig into new technologies running across thousands of servers and deliver centralized, standard infrastructure with improved availability and reduced operating costs. You will work with infrastructure at a massive scale producing simple, scalable, meticulously engineered infrastructure that continuously improves. You will write scripts that remove routine operational work from our support teams and migrate components to standardized infrastructure. Automation is at the core of every thing you’ll do.
Say good-bye to an outage resolution mindset and dedicate your day to producing optimized infrastructure. In this role, you will:
- Identify quarterly goals that will deliver standardized, high availability and cost optimized infrastructure
- Create and execute Infrastructure as Code scripts
- Plan and execute lift and shift projects for acquired products
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related technical field
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with AWS Services (compute, databases, networking)
- In-depth knowledge and 2+ years of hands-on experience with Linux
- Ability to use infrastructure configuration management, deployment, and versioning tools to reduce manual work (Ansible, Chef, Terraform, Cloudformation, etc.)
- Ability to read and understand production code in any language so that you have a deeper understanding of our technology and ways to optimize it.
- Ability to pack application into containers (Docker) and deploy to Kubernetes
- Ability to deploy and configure infrastructure for running virtual machines (VMWare)
Nice to Have
AWS Solutions Architect certification is a plus